www.novarock.at

Aktuelle Zeit: 18.06.2019, 07:41
Foren-Übersicht » NOVA ROCK FORUM » In English

Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: New to Nova Rock - Have Some Questions!
BeitragVerfasst: 07.01.2019, 11:22 

Myself and some of my friends hope to travel from Ireland to Nova Rock this year. Does the campsite usually open the day before the bands start? I tried the FAQ but it still says TBA, and we will need to book flights soon. Do the VIP passes include a festival ticket? I wasn't sure as they seem quite reasonable compared to other festivals :D

None of us are new to festivals but we have not been to Nova Rock before. What is it like in terms of a supermarket & food and drink? Any tips/advice would be welcome. Thanks!

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: New to Nova Rock - Have Some Questions!
BeitragVerfasst: 07.01.2019, 11:32 

lolatheminxx hat geschrieben:
Myself and some of my friends hope to travel from Ireland to Nova Rock this year. Does the campsite usually open the day before the bands start? I tried the FAQ but it still says TBA, and we will need to book flights soon. Do the VIP passes include a festival ticket? I wasn't sure as they seem quite reasonable compared to other festivals :D

None of us are new to festivals but we have not been to Nova Rock before. What is it like in terms of a supermarket & food and drink? Any tips/advice would be welcome. Thanks!

Hello there and welcome!

The camping site usually opens AT LEAST one day before the first bands start. The last years, we had an "Early Camping" option, that let's you in even earlier, but costs extra (I think it was around 20€ per person).

Yes, it does. VIP Ticket = normal Festival Ticket + VIP stuff (VIP Camping Area, VIP Parkin Lot, VIP Area in the main area, etc.)

As we bring everything with us, can't help you a lot with this question, sorry.
While there probably is a supermarket at the camping site again, it's, of course, rather expensive (well, at least compared to a normal market) - not sure how the prices where at the "Hofer" Store (on site), they might be cheaper there.

Concerning food: There are food stalls everywhere, BUT REMEMEBER: NO CASH IS USED AT THE FESTIVAL!
You have to get a Casshless Card.
You can get one directly at the festival (the last years you could buy it befor the festival and pick it up there)

Any other questions?

BeitragVerfasst: 07.01.2019, 15:49 

Thymm hat geschrieben:
While there probably is a supermarket at the camping site again, it's, of course, rather expensive (well, at least compared to a normal market) - not sure how the prices where at the "Hofer" Store (on site), they might be cheaper there.

Hofer products and prices (from 2018) can be found here: Hofer Event Filiale - Products (at the core area and designed to be consumed there)
Product range of the campground store: Nova Rock Greisslerei - Products (don't know about the prices, except beer - it's 1,50€/can)

BeitragVerfasst: 07.01.2019, 17:59 

Thank you so much to you both for the very useful information! I understand things have altered a bit from year to year so I wasn't sure how things would be this year :) I'm sure I will be back with more questions as our plans unfold...!

I had already read up on the cashless and that all seems fine (I had a cashless wristband at Download 2015 and used cashless tokens at Graspop, I think it's much better having a card or a wristband instead of tokens which are easily lost).

BeitragVerfasst: 11.01.2019, 10:56 

I'm back with more questions!

Flights into Bratislava are looking easier and cheaper than Vienna, but the flight home would be very early on the Monday morning. I'm trying to find information on transport from the festival on Sunday night. Would it be easy to get a taxi from the festival?

BeitragVerfasst: 11.01.2019, 17:38 

I'm back with more questions!

Flights into Bratislava are looking easier and cheaper than Vienna, but the flight home would be very early on the Monday morning. I'm trying to find information on transport from the festival on Sunday night. Would it be easy to get a taxi from the festival?

At least from Nova Rock to Vienna, there are Shuttle Busses, after the last concert, sunday night.
Taxi should/could be possible, but probably expensive (sorry, never took bus or taxi, so I'm not very helpful, regarding taxis)

BeitragVerfasst: 14.01.2019, 11:57 

I saw some other people who did it before and it cost about €50, which is ok as it will be between a few of us. I'm just afraid that there won't be taxis! Do you use Uber much, would I find a lift that way? Thanks again for helping.

BeitragVerfasst: 14.01.2019, 12:11 

I saw some other people who did it before and it cost about €50, which is ok as it will be between a few of us. I'm just afraid that there won't be taxis! Do you use Uber much, would I find a lift that way? Thanks again for helping.

Personally, I don't use Uber, but friends of mine from vienna use it all the time.

Taxi should be no problem, as some Taxi companies specifically state on their website, that they are active at events, like nova rock (No advertisement intended, but this came up on google, as an example: https://www.taxipunkt.at/)

Their website says:
Bei Veranstaltungen werden Sie vom Shuttle-Taxi abgeholt, sei es das Nova Rock, Golser Volksfest, Podersdorf Surf Worldcub oder das Neusiedler Stadtfest und noch viele weitere. Ihre Taxilenker bringen Sie von der Disco sicher nach Hause. Eiltransporte und Botendienste kommen zuverlässig und Zeit-punktgenau ans Ziel.

English (too lazy, so I used google translate):
At events you will be picked up by the shuttle taxi, be it the Nova Rock, Golser Volksfest, Podersdorf Surf Worldcub or the Neusiedler Stadtfest and many more. Your taxi drivers will take you home safely from the disco. Express deliveries and courier services arrive reliably and on time to their destination.

BeitragVerfasst: 14.01.2019, 14:28 

Thymm hat geschrieben:

Personally, I don't use Uber, but friends of mine from vienna use it all the time.

Taxi should be no problem, as some Taxi companies specifically state on their website, that they are active at events, like nova rock (No advertisement intended, but this came up on google, as an example: https://www.taxipunkt.at/)

Their website says:
Bei Veranstaltungen werden Sie vom Shuttle-Taxi abgeholt, sei es das Nova Rock, Golser Volksfest, Podersdorf Surf Worldcub oder das Neusiedler Stadtfest und noch viele weitere. Ihre Taxilenker bringen Sie von der Disco sicher nach Hause. Eiltransporte und Botendienste kommen zuverlässig und Zeit-punktgenau ans Ziel.

English (too lazy, so I used google translate):
At events you will be picked up by the shuttle taxi, be it the Nova Rock, Golser Volksfest, Podersdorf Surf Worldcub or the Neusiedler Stadtfest and many more. Your taxi drivers will take you home safely from the disco. Express deliveries and courier services arrive reliably and on time to their destination.

You're an absolute star, thank you so much :D It's very hard to search for answers in another language without knowing the right key words. I feel much calmer about it now :lol: Going to have to get myself onto Duolingo before Nova Rock!

BeitragVerfasst: 24.04.2019, 17:56 

Hi I'm travelling from Newcastle UK to Vienna on the Tuesday b4.
It's really easy you get a bus from airport to train station then jump on a special train to the festival, return tickets really cheap and they run every hour or half hour (can't remember it was 4 years ago when I last went). The special train drops you at nickelsdorf a very small village from there you can get a minibus (think its €2 and you can use it to go back and forth from festival to the village). Its really simple and everyones friendly

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]